BE PART OF THE TEAM
Volunteers are the backbone of the Jamboree. You are why we are the premier country music festival in the Northwest!
Each year, nearly 700 individuals sign up to volunteer at the Oregon Jamboree, taking time from work and time away from their families to help make the show a success. We appreciate the work of our dedicated volunteer teams and we are always looking for more civic-minded individuals who want to support the Jamboree. We'd love to have you!
Please click here to fill out the Volunteer Application.
In order to become a Jamboree volunteer, each year you must completely fill out and sign a volunteer application waiver.
Dates and Times of Service
Volunteer Teams work various schedules depending on their specific duties and responsibilities. Some teams begin work as early as the Friday the week before the event, but most shifts will fall during the actual event. Your team supervisor will provide you with your work dates and schedule. There is a variance in hours worked by Jamboree volunteers, so volunteers are required to work a minimum of three, six-hour shifts to receive volunteer benefits.
On your Volunteer Application, please indicate in order of preference (first, second, third) the teams on which you would like to volunteer (limit 3 teams). This will greatly improve your chance of being placed. Applications go to your first-choice team first. If that team is full, then the application will be passed to your second choice, and then the third. If all teams are full, the applicaiton will be forwarded to the volunteer coordinator for any last minute openings. Unfortunately, there are more applicants than positions available. All applicants will be notified of their status by the middle of May.
If you are accepted as a volunteer you will receive a three-day wristband to get in and out of the concert, on- and off-duty. Volunteers are offered two additional three-day tickets at a discounted price and one free volunteer t-shirt (to be used as your uniform during the event) Extra shirts and sweatshirts are available for purchase at Jamboree's cost. The Jamboree provides meals and refreshments during your shift at the event.
You must be confirmed as a volunteer and placed on our confirmed list
before any orders for volunteer tickets, t-shirts or sweatshirts will be accepted.
The Oregon Jamboree thanks you for your interest in the volunteer program and we look forward to another great year!
2013 OREGON JAMBOREE VOLUNTEER TEAM DESCRIPTIONS
- Accounting: Perform various accounting and administrative duties. Banking experience is preferred. FULL
- Advanced Ticket Sales: Pre-sale of next year's tickets.
- Artist Merchandise: Manage artist merchandise sales and keep inventory. Cash-handling skills required. FULL
- Backstage Hospitality: Coordinate all pre- and post-event meals for volunteers; along with hosting all backstage meals, drinks and snacks during event weekend. FULL
- Beer Garden: Provide a safe environment for beer garden patrons. Must be 21 years of age and have sales experience.
- Camp Hosts: Click here for more information about becoming a Camp Host.
- Camp Marking Team: Pre-event campground set-up. Must be able to work the weekend before event from 7am-5pm. Long, hot days, but you're done before the music starts. FULL
- Clean Team: Clean-up and maintenance at concert site. FULL
- Communications: Keep all key people in radio contact with each other throughout the event. Sign out radios to designated volunteers. Recharge battery packs and maintain inventory. FULL
- Concessions: See Vendor Check-In
- Crowd Management: Provide a safe environment for all concert patrons. Assist patrons with orderly chair placement, monitor wristbands and be available to answer questions and/or remedy problems patrons may have.
- Event Box Office: ï»¿Process e-tickets and will call tickets, provide customer service. FULL
- Guest Services: Provide an enjoyable environment for all concert patrons. Greet patrons and be available to answer questions and/or remedy problems patrons may have.
- Information Booth: Provide patrons and volunteers with information. Manage Lost-and-Found items and patron surveys. FULL
- Merchandise: Manage festival merchandise sales and keep inventory. Cash-handling skills required. FULL
- Parking Team: Provide parking assistance/directions to customers and volunteers, check parking passes.
- Patron Banding: Exchange tickets for wristbands, provide customer service. FULL
- Promo Team: Team members will respresent the Jamboree at various promotional events as well as facilitate contests during the festival. Must be outgoing, willing to interact with patrons and clients to create a positive and fun image for the Jamboree. FULL
- Runners: Provide backstage support by running errands. Must have knowledge of the area, provide a valid Oregon Drivers License and be available at all times during concert weekend.
- Scrip Accounting: Perform accounting duties relating to scrip. Banking experience is preferred. FULL
- Scrip Sales:Manage scrip sales and provide patrons with information. Cash-handling skills required. FULL
- Shuttle Staging:Coordinate and supervise concert exit procedures. FULL
- Signs: Install directional signs on streets and highways and install banners on-site. FULL
- Site Set-Up and Tear-Down:Provide various construction related tasks. Requirements for this team include some heavy lifting and the ability to operate a forklift. This team's schedule can begin as early as the Friday before the week of the event and concludes the Monday following the event. FULL
- Sponsor Hospitality: Staff Sponsor Hospitality Tent. Restock menu items, monitor sign-in sheet, keeping area neat and clean. FULL
- Stagehands: Unload trucks, set-up musical equipment and assist in backstage production needs. Heavy lifting required. FULL
- Vendor Check-In: Work on-site with vendors. Monitor vendor check-in booth. FULL
- Volunteer Hospitality: Provide all meals, drinks and snacks for on-duty volunteers. FULL
- Volunteer Support Team: Assist with packaging of volunteer shirts prior to event/Sign-in volunteers event weekend. FULL
- Water Team: Set up and take down of water connections for all services on the event grounds. FULL